Join Us on Mission
Membership at IPC represents our commitment to collectively live on Jesus’ mission together in the everyday stuff of life. Together, as a family of believers, we commit to our mission to make disciples who are making disciples — to love one another, build each other up into Christ (Ephesians 4:15) and lead others to do the same. While all Christians are a part of the universal church, God’s Word gives clear instruction to belong to a specific local church. Here is what that looks like at IPC:
- Gather – Commit to gathering together regularly with the church body
- Go – Be a disciple of Jesus (making disciples who make disciples)
- Give & Serve – Support IPC and serve the body with your time, talents, and treasure
- Grow – Meet regularly with others, formally and informally, to encourage and equip you in growing up into Christ
What are the biblical reasons and benefits of membership?
- You have the benefit of receiving care of, and being accountable to, spiritual leaders. (Hebrews 13:17)
- You have the benefits of church power to shape the ministry of the congregation. (Acts 6:1-6)
- You are not ashamed to identify with Christ or His people. (Mark 8:38)
- You stop being an independent Christian. (Matthew 8:15-17)
- You have greater opportunities to use spiritual gifts.
- (1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4)
- You openly demonstrate the reality of the body of Christ.
- (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- You encourage new believers to a commitment to the local body. (Hebrews 10:24)
Where do I start?
You can start by applying online. After we receive your information, two of our elders will set up a time to meet with you to get to know you better. You’ll also have the opportunity to sign our Membership Covenant which is a requirement for membership. At a future date, you will be received into the body of Irvine Presbyterian Church formally at a Sunday morning service
We are delighted that you are considering becoming a member of Irvine Presbyterian Church.