2017 VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS)
July 10–14 | 5:30–8:30 pm
Cost: $50 per child
Grab your telescope and get ready to search the skies and God's Word. As Galactic Starveyors, kids will discover that the God who created everything there is — the visible and the invisible — wants a relationship with them! And from the very beginning, God had a plan to restore our relationship with Him. Through galactic games, epic Bible stories, and cosmic crafts, kids will learn that God loves us and will never leave us
“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things have been created through Him and for Him.” Colossians 1:15-16 ESV
Registration for Kids
- VBS Kindergarten – For children entering Kindergarten in fall 2017 (must be 5 years old by September 1, 2017)
- VBS – For children entering 1st grade–6th grade in fall 2017
- Jr. High Service Team – For students entering 7th and 8th grade in fall 2017
- VBS Preschool – For VBS full-time volunteers’ children (ages 3 and older).
// NOTE // VBS Preschool registration is by paper form only — return the completed form below to the Family Ministries table or church office.
Preschool form ›
Registration for Volunteers
Don’t miss out on the fun! Join one of these teams to help make this VBS week great!
- Crafts – Assist children as they make their daily craft
- Dinner – Help set up the room, prep food, or serve (no cooking experience needed)
- Recreation – Assist the kids with their daily game
- Grade Leader – rotate with children of one grade level to each station
- High School Guides – High school students help lead groups of kids from station to station along with the adult grade leaders.
// NOTE // High School registration is by paper form only — return the completed form below to the Family Ministries table or church office.
High School form ›
WHAT'S HAPPENING DAILY
MISSIONS PROJECT: VBS 2017
Mission partners Themba and Buhle Bhembe
Africa by the millions:
- Over 300 million people in Africa live on less than $1 per day.
- Over 30 million people in Africa are HIV positive; this represents 70% of global infections.
- Over 11 million African children have lost one or both parents to HIV/AIDS.
This summer at VBS we will be supporting our mission partners Themba and Buhle Bhembe. They founded and lead the Ubuhlebethemba Community Development (UBCD) in Natal, South Africa. AAfter decades of oppression, Soweto township is burdened with 60% unemployment, a high crime rate, and poverty. UBCD is playing a central and mission critical role in transforming the lives of God’s people in Soweto. UBCD ministers to the needs of the community, and also has a food program. UBCD serves the poorest of the poor: those living with poverty, unemployment, HIV, and lack of educational opportunities. In June 2014, Themba and Buhle established a new community development center in Natal, South Africa. The Natal center provides food, tutoring, spiritual mentoring and counseling, home-based care, and after school activities to a rural, impoverished community.
God calls us to be the hands and feet of Christ — to respond with compassion to His children who are suffering in the world. As we can look at God’s people in Africa, an entire continent whose future hangs in the balance, we may begin to question God. But rather, we can look at these problems and realize this is God’s question to us: who cares about the people of Africa? Well, we do!
Help us support our mission partners Themba and Buhle Bhembe at this year's VBS!
2017 VBS REGISTRATION
Online registration is available for:
- K–6th Grades
- Jr. High Service Team
- Adult Volunteers
High School volunteers and parents of Preschool children, see instructions below.
Adult Volunteers who wish to register by paper form
Download the PDF below and return the completed form to the Family Ministries table or church office.